Grow with us
Saori Dubourg, member of the Board of Executive Directors of BASF SE and responsible for the Agricultural Solutions segment
At BASF, we can now connect innovative thinking with down-to-earth action along the entire crop cycle – from seed to harvest – with an even stronger crop protection portfolio, differentiated seed and trait products, more digital tools and a growing team of experts.
This acquisition is a major milestone that strengthens our business significantly and improves our geographical coverage. It allows us to partner earlier with farmers and support them every step of the way.
Just looking at the numbers, it's clear to see the impact this acquisition has:
- New business operations in more than 60 countries
- More than €2 billion revenue in 2019 from new businesses
- More than 4,500 new employees across more than 50 countries*
- Significant number of new sites, including 5 chemical production and formulation sites, 17 R&D sites and more than 200 regional seed production and breeding facilities
- We become the world's fourth largest player with seeds and crop protection
To put it simply, we’re ready to get to work, muddy up our boots and put innovation into action around the world.
*Conditional upon closing of the vegetable seeds business
With a rapidly growing population, the world is increasingly dependent on our ability to develop and maintain sustainable agriculture and healthy environments. It is our role to help make that happen.
This acquisition enables us to create more value and support farmers even better as they face the challenges of modern agriculture. BASF now provides a real choice in the face of a consolidating industry, helping growers to produce healthy, high-quality crops and protect their land for future generations.
That’s our goal, and it has been for over 100 years: Helping farmers and their businesses thrive, today and in the future.
With this acquisition, we are growing to help you grow better. How?
Our expanded portfolio offers you an even broader range of solutions to help you increase your yields, crop quality and business profitability. It covers the entire crop cycle:
- Seeds and traits
- Chemical and biological crop protection
- Soil management
- Plant health
- Pest control
- Digital farming applications
With more than 12,000* employees in over 80 countries, we're combining knowledge and new technologies to develop new tailor-made solutions that meet your specific local needs.
In times of change, you need a reliable, long-term partner. We are here to connect innovative thinking and practical action to help your business thrive – today and in the future.
*Conditional upon closing of vegetable seeds acquisition
This acquisition adds excellent assets to our agricultural solutions portfolio and enhance our innovation potential. It ensures an even more comprehensive and attractive offering to our customers. It also highlights the importance of the agricultural business to BASF.
- Addition of fully enabled agricultural solutions businesses and assets with high profitability and strong growth potential
- Enhancement of portfolio with high-quality seed and traits businesses, complementary crop protection businesses, state-of-the-art digital farming platform and strong, complementary research pipeline including hybrid wheat research and non-selective herbicide and nematicide research projects
- Significant top-line growth potential based on complementary portfolios
- Combined R&D pipelines and capabilities to enhance innovation potential and boost innovation output
With strong solutions from seeds to harvest, enabled by even better R&D capabilities and scale, BASF is well-positioned to profitably grow in agricultural solutions.
Cautionary note regarding forward-looking statements
This presentation contains forward-looking statements. These statements are based on current estimates and projections of the Board of Executive Directors and currently available information. Forward-looking statements are not guarantees of the future developments and results outlined therein. These are dependent on a number of factors; they involve various risks and uncertainties; and they are based on assumptions that may not prove to be accurate. Such risk factors include those discussed in the Opportunities and Risks Report from page 111 to 118 of the BASF Report 2017. BASF does not assume any obligation to update the forward-looking statements contained in this presentation above and beyond the legal requirements.