Sodium Nitrate for Concentrated Solar Power
Application: Thermal storage
- Environmental friendly mix of sodium and potassium nitrate used as energy storage medium in Concentrated Solar Power plants.
- In even more effective high temperatures CSP plants (> 550 ºC), it is used in addition as Heat Transfer Fluid (HTF).
- Enables supply of green solar electricity also during the night and under storm or cloudy weather.
- Highest product quality allows maintenance-free operation in a closed loop production process without residues.
- Materials are easy to use.
Sodium nitrate increases competitiveness of solar power
Cost savings downstream