Our START IN Human Resources trainee program
Your ideal entry to the HR world at BASF.
The BASF Group employs more than 110,000 people worldwide. As the world’s leading chemical company, we want to attract the best employees and to build up the best team in the industry. Would you like to make your contribution to the success of the company with your HR expertise?
We offer you the START IN Human Resources program with two options for focus areas - “HR Business Partner” and “Compensation”. Both of them will help you to get off to an ideal start as a BASF HR expert.
For START IN Human Resources we are looking for business people who have focused on HR or graduates with a similar study background. In addition to an above-average bachelors’ or masters’ degree and excellent German and English skills, we place particular value on:
- a strong customer orientation and the ability to adapt to the needs of different stakeholders
- the motivation to collaborate for achievement and act entrepreneurially
- first practical experience from internships at home or abroad
- HR Business Partner: You will start your program in one of our HR Business Partner teams, taking over the tasks of an HR Business Partner and being responsible for your own unit. This will enable you to learn about operative HR processes in a real business context. You will get to know the various relevant functions in HR and support both day-to-day business and strategic projects. After the two years, you will take over challenging tasks as HR Business Partner in the unit where you started your program.
- Compensation: You will directly join one of our central Compensation units, where you will receive a profound on-the-job training on salary systems, bonus systems and job evaluation. Apart from day-to-day business, you will work on exciting projects in the field of remuneration and related areas. After the program, you can expect a demanding role as compensation specialist.
Both programs last for 24 months, and they will provide you with optimum basic training for performing demanding HR tasks. They will help you build up relationships and familiarize yourself intensively with our organizational structure and corporate culture.
A stint abroad and assignments outside our company headquarters in Ludwigshafen will give you a comprehensive overview of HR work at BASF. During your program you have the option to exchange your learning experience with an experienced mentor and network within the BASF trainee community. You can also deepen your personal and technicals skills by participating in corporate events and the internal training courses at the HRacademy.