BASF at Foam Expo Europe for the first time
- Wide range of polyurethane systems and specialty foams for household, sports, automotive, aviation and construction
For the first time BASF is presenting a broad foam portfolio at the Foam Expo Europe, which takes place from 10 to 12 September in Stuttgart, Germany. At Europe’s largest trade fair for the technical foam industry, visitors can learn at the BASF stand in hall 10 about materials and know-how regarding polyurethane systems (PU), melamine resin and polypropylene foams as well as the latest foam innovations. The BASF materials are used in numerous industries: from household, sports and the automotive industry to aviation and construction.
BASF will exhibit the following products and customized solutions:
- Basotect®: flexible, open-cell foam made from the duroplastic material melamine resin, with excellent sound absorption properties, low weight, high temperature resistance and low flammability for building and construction, transport and cleaning applications
- CosyPur®: multi-functional, breathable and elastic molded flexible foam made of polyurethane for mattresses, pillows and orthopedic products
- Elastocoat® C: high-tech spray gel based on PU for cool mattresses
- Infinergy®: expanded thermoplastic polyurethane (E-TPU) with high elasticity, excellent rebound and outstanding durability for sports and work shoes, bicycle saddles, tennis rackets and other applications in sports
- Neopolen®: polypropylene foam (EPP) with high energy absorption and good resilience for impact-loaded parts in automotive construction, for reusable packaging and transport containers as well as for lightweight and durable toys and sports equipment
- Ultrason® particle foam: the world’s first particle foam based on polyethersulfone (PESU) for complex-shaped components in cars, aircraft and trains, which require excellent mechanics together with the ability to withstand high operating temperatures and meet stringent fire safety standards.
BASF: Extensive expertise in foams
BASF has an outstanding expertise in foams that are successfully used in numerous industries. In 1951, the company patented the first particle foam ever: Styropor® (expandable polystyrene: EPS). BASF is also a pioneer in the field of polyurethane systems (PU) and is continually expanding its PU portfolio for a wide range of applications. Parallel to this, the company has established other world-first high-performance foams on the market: e.g. Basotect®, an open-cell foam made from melamine resin, the polypropylene foam (EPP) Neopolen® and Infinergy®, the first expanded thermoplastic polyurethane (E-TPU), which has been causing a sensation in the sports industry.
For more information please visit: plastics.basf.com/FoamExpo
Receive the latest press releases from BASF via WhatsApp on your smartphone or tablet. Register for our news service at basf.com/whatsapp-news.
About BASF’s Performance Materials division
BASF’s Performance Materials division encompasses the entire materials’ know-how of BASF regarding innovative, customized plastics under one roof. Globally active in four major industry sectors – transportation, construction, industrial applications and consumer goods – the division has a strong portfolio of products and services combined with a deep understanding of application-oriented system solutions. Key drivers of profitability and growth are our close collaboration with customers and a clear focus on solutions. Strong capabilities in R&D provide the basis to develop innovative products and applications. In 2018, the Performance Materials division achieved global sales of €7.65 bn. More information online: www.plastics.basf.com.
At BASF, we create chemistry for a sustainable future. We combine economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility. The approximately 122,000 employees in the BASF Group work on contributing to the success of our customers in nearly all sectors and almost every country in the world. Our portfolio is organized into six segments: Chemicals, Materials, Industrial Solutions, Surface Technologies, Nutrition & Care and Agricultural Solutions. BASF generated sales of around €63 billion in 2018. BASF shares are traded on the stock exchange in Frankfurt (BAS) and as American Depositary Receipts (BASFY) in the U.S. Further information at www.basf.com.