The best environment for diverse talents
We want to offer our customers the best solutions - innovative, efficient, sustainable. Creativity, cooperation and performance are very important to us. We create an environment in which our diverse talents can contribute in the best possible way. We promote a culture in which different ways of thinking and working can develop optimally. With our new strategy, we are creating more freedom of decision, open exchange and an organization that is completely geared to the needs of our customers and can adapt quickly and flexibly to changing market requirements.
Our differences make us successful
- The people who work for us are the key to our success. Strengthening motivation and recognising performance - that is the demand made on everyone in our company.
- We need a diversity of people, backgrounds and problem-solving strategies. That's why we at BASF promote an environment of openness and mutual respect in which everyone can make the best possible contribution.
- One of our corporate values is openness, which is why we welcome all talent, regardless of gender, cultural, religious or ethnic background, sexual orientation or identity and physical integrity.
- Our managers play a key role in the implementation of our values. We support them in this by offering targeted training and education for fair, motivating and encouraging interaction.
What our colleagues say about diversity
How we promote diversity internally
- Employee networks such as Women in Business, LGBT and Friends, Military Veterans, African American Employee Group, Asian Business Community, Parents at BASF, The Men's Network, ...
- BASF's new strategic and corporate goals, such as our Code of Conduct, learning tools and training, Appreciative Leadership, our non-financial corporate goal to increase the proportion of women in management positions, ...
- HR measures and instruments for employee development, such as job sharing, flexible working models, sabbaticals, sustainable selection of diverse talents
Our social commitment
We have an impact on society through our membership in various initiatives and associations. Together with other member companies, for example, we are working with the Initiative Chefsache to promote more women in management positions. As a founding member of the Charter of Diversity we are committed to all dimensions of diversity in Germany and as a founding member of the prOUT@work foundation we support the concerns of people with LGBTIQ* backgrounds.
Since 2018, BASF has been one of about 150 companies that support the United Nations' global LGBTI Code of Conduct (Lesbian, Gay, Bi, Trans and Intersex).