Our START IN Asset Management trainee program
Your perfect start as an engineer in production.
BASF is the leading chemical company worldwide. Guided by our motto for future-oriented, sustainable development, we produce products with the highest level of quality. At all of our plants in Germany and around the world, we meet our high, self-imposed quality standards by constantly optimizing everything at the technical and operational level. Therefore ongoing technical optimization and maintenance of these systems is essential.
Are you ready to ensure the safe, environmentally-friendly and efficient operation of our systems? If so, you can get off to a perfect start with START IN Asset Management.
For START IN Asset Management we are looking for bachelor's and master's graduates in process technology, mechanical engineering and chemical engineering who have above-average grades. Initial experience from relevant industry internships is to your advantage.
We place particular value on
- Excellent German and English skills
- A confident manner and well-developed communication skills
- Pleasure in team work - and advanced social skills
- Mobility and flexibility
The 21-month trainee program optimally prepares you to assume the role of asset manager at BASF and perform technical and leadership tasks in connection with the technical management of process-oriented production facilities. You acquire the basic knowledge needed for your job and related areas during the course of six practical assignments in the following areas:
- Design and handling of operational projects and system changes
- Assembly coordination, order processing with contractors (other companies)
- Maintenance services (ICH methods, processes, services)
- Maintenance of rotating equipment (pumps, turbines, etc.)
- Technical system monitoring, tool technology, non-destructive testing
- Individual in-depth knowledge of selected specialist subjects
You will be supported by a technical mentor in all program modules. You are also supervised and aided by a permanently assigned mentor from your target unit, who also supports your technical and organizational integration.
Additional seminars such as on management, project management and work methodology as a regular exchange of experience with other trainees will deepen your personal and technical skills and help you develop your own network within BASF.