Explore other cultures with BASF.
Each year selected, highly qualified students of natural sciences, engineering, business and IT have the opportunity to complete international internships around the globe with our challenging and interesting Explore Together program.
You will receive local specialist support during your internship: A dedicated mentor will be at your side throughout the whole internship. We offer comprehensive support right from the very start of your placement, including organizing and paying for flights and visas. It goes without saying that all of our internships are paid.
Please apply min. three months in advance through our online portal with "Explore Together" as reference, uploading all the necessary documents. These include:
- A motivation letter explaining your reasons for applying, and details of your preferred dates, duration, business area and region
- CV in English
- All relevant certificates, documents, and internship reports in the original languages
If your profile meets the criteria there will be two telephone interviews. If you pass both interviews, we will welcome you warmly to Explore Together.
The following criteria must be met for you to complete an international internship and be included in the European Talent Pool:
- Advanced Bachelor or Master course
- Initial experience in the selected area of work from studies and/or internship
- Very good English skills and ideally knowledge of the national language
- Initial experience abroad, e.g. internships or language courses
- Commitment outside university
The duration of the internship should be between three and six months.
Every year we offer around 20 to 30 placements on our Explore Together international internships. These are divided into the areas of business, engineering and research.
As an Explore Together intern you will be involved in local, challenging projects. You will receive on-the-job training from the very start in a committed, competent team. At any time you will be supported by an experienced employee.