Terms & Conditions of Participation and Instructions:
Sponsor and Organizer
The sponsor and organizer of the competition is BASF SE, legal seat: 67056 Ludwigshafen am Rhein, Germany, entered in the commercial registry of the Ludwigshafen am Rhein District Court under HRB 6000 (hereinafter “sponsor”).
The competition is a limited-term promotion of the sponsor. Participation in the competition is subject to the conditions detailed in the following.
Entry in the prize draw is restricted to entrants 18 years of age or older. No more than one entry is allowed per household. The closing date for entries is November 30, 2015. To claim a prize, entrants must provide their first and last names as well as an e-mail and postal address (hereinafter “competition data”).
Employees of the sponsor, its subsidiaries and affiliated companies and their immediate family members are not eligible to participate.
Drawing and Notification / Prizes
A random draw will determine the winners. No form received after November 30, 2015 will be considered.
The prize consists of an iPad mini 3 or one copy of the book “Breaking New Ground: The History of BASF in China from 1885 to Today.” No cash alternative will be offered. Winners will be notified by the sponsor via e-mail.
Exclusion of Liability
The sponsor reserves the right, particularly for technical reasons, to limit, temporarily suspend, or cancel all or parts of the competition. Such action shall not justify any claims whatsoever against the sponsor.
The sponsor is not liable for technical and/or legal insufficiencies of the offered prizes. In particular, entrants are not entitled to any other prizes as substitutes.
In addition to the foregoing, the sponsor shall be liable for losses and damages based exclusively on the applicable legal provisions. In the event that essential contractual obligations (wesentliche Vertragspflichten) are violated due to simple negligence (einfache Fahrlässigkeit), however, the sponsor’s liability shall be limited to compensating for typical, foreseeable damages; in the event that inessential contractual obligations are violated due to gross negligence, the sponsor shall be indemnified of all liability. The preceding limitations of liability shall not apply to cases of death, bodily injury, or damage to health.
Personal data of entrants (first and last names, postal and e-mail addresses) are electronically processed and stored for implementing the competition. Personal data are captured by the market research institute TSM in connection with the competition in order to determine and contact the winners. By submitting the form, the entrant consents to the processing and use of the mentioned personal data. The entrant may revoke this consent at any time by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and thus refrain from participating in the competition. The sponsor will not provide personal data to any third parties, and in particular not to any commercial address databases. After the end of the competition, the sponsor will delete all personal data that have been saved for it.
All competition data will be deleted at the latest 30 days after the closing date of the competition, i.e. by November 30, 2015. Address data are only captured for winners and will only be used for sending the prizes. Entrants are free to exercise their legal rights to be informed about stored personal data on them, to request that these be rectified, and to withdraw permission for their personal data to be stored.
1. Participation in the competition is free of charge.
2. The sponsor reserves the right to change the terms and conditions of participation at any time—i.e., also while the competition is in progress—without prior notice.
3. The sponsor is entitled to exclude entrants from the competition without prior notice for good cause.
4. If individual provisions of these terms and conditions of participation should be or become invalid, the validity of the other terms and conditions of participation shall be unaffected by this. In such a case, the invalid provisions shall be replaced by a provision appropriate in the individual case that most closely corresponds to the purpose pursued by the invalid provisions.
5. Place of jurisdiction is Ludwigshafen am Rhein, Germany. The competition and the terms and conditions of participation are subject to the laws of the Federal Republic of Germany.
6. Recourse to courts of law is excluded. There is no legally enforceable claim for payment of the prizes.
Phone: +49 621 60-0, fax: +49 621 60-42525
Court of registration: Ludwigshafen District Court
Registration number: HRB 6000
VAT ID no.: DE 149145247
Authorized Board of Directors:
Kurt Bock, Chairman, Martin Brudermüller, Vice Chairman, Hans-Ulrich Engel, Sanjeev Gandhi, Michael Heinz, Harald Schwager, Wayne T. Smith, Margret Suckale
Chairman of the Supervisory Board:
These terms and conditions were released on September 15, 2015.