Megaprojects in Asia
A once in a lifetime chance!
BASF's innovations contribute to the growth of many key industries globally. Take advantage of the fantastic opportunity for working on multi-million megaprojects in Asia Pacific, supported by our smart manufacturing processes that deliver greater efficiencies and quicker go-to-market strategies for our customers.
BASFs €16.5 billion investment in Asia since 1999 speaks to our commitment to the region. We've built a system for developing innovative products quickly and efficiently at sites close to customers. We've invested nearly €180 million in our Innovation Campus Shanghai and earmarked a potential investment of up to US$10 billion for our new, most advanced Verbund site in South China. In India, we look to build our first CO2-neutral site that will be completely powered by renewable energy through a joint venture with an investment totaling about €2 billion.
Our projects in Asia
BASF investigates establishment of a new Verbund site
- BASF’s largest investment for the third-largest BASF site globally
- New highly-integrated BASF site with a comprehensive smart manufacturing concept based on cutting-edge technologies
- The step-by-step project includes petrochemicals plants as the heart of the well-established Verbund system as well as plants for more consumer-oriented products and solutions
- A steamcracker with a planned capacity of 1 million metric tons of ethylene per year forms the starting point of the value chains
- The site with an area of around 9 km² will support customers in multiple industries
- Completion of first plants planned by 2022 at
Planned expansion of cooperation in China between BASF and SINOPEC
- Strengthening of the partnership in upstream and downstream chemical production in China
- Expansion of production capacity at the existing integrated joint venture “Verbund” site of the BASF-YPC joint venture
- Investment in the building of an additional steamcracker with a capacity of 1 million metric tons of ethylene per year
BASF to accelerate supply of renewable electricity to its Zhanjiang Verbund site
BASF to power its first plants of Zhanjiang Verbund site with 100% renewable energy
The initial phase of BASF Guangdong Verbund site achieved 500,000 safe working hours
BASF officially kicks off Community Advisory Panel in Zhanjiang
Be part of the team that realizes our megaprojects in Asia
Don’t miss the chance to expand your expertise in engineering or production and be a part of the BASF team making a difference every day.
Are you curious by nature, possess strong technical knowledge, proficient in English and keen to advance your technical know-how by gaining exposure at different BASF’s sites? If you’re excited to shape the future together with us, apply for open positions and register as our Talent Community Member to receive job alerts for upcoming openings.