We support the Malaysian Department of Environment's aspirations to develop an industrial society that has an intrinsic culture of pride in environmental excellence. We shall be environment conscious, achieve sustained environmental regulatory compliance, exhibit high degree of environmental transparency and accountability and be committed to continuous environmental improvement.
Our Environmental Policy
BASF (Malaysia) Sdn. Bhd. is committed to ensure a safe and healthy work environment and will strive to control and minimize the impact on the environment resulting from the company's activities. We are also committed to adhere to and comply with the environmental laws, and to continue the best practices to protect the environment.
We are committed to sustainable development and environmental protection focusing on implementing the following practices:
1. Consider the environmental impact of every action the company takes, including activities, products, services, as well as wastes from the company by implementing the 3R concepts (Reduce, Reuse & Recycle)
2. Where possible, purchase and use materials that have minimal impact on the environment.
3. Educate employees on how to report and handle any incidents or event that could possibly harm the environment.
4. Implement an effective emergency response plan to address any incidents involving pollution to the environment.
5. Minimize energy and water use within the company's operating areas by reducing the use of natural resources where possible.
6. Raise awareness among employees towards the environment and encourage them to act in a more responsible manner towards the environment.
7. Convey the company's environmental care commitments to customers, visitors and contractors and encourage them to support this important commitment and effort.
8. Improve and enhance environmental care responsibilities in this company from time to time.
BASF embraces the goals of the chemical industry’s voluntary Responsible Care® initiative. We seek for cooperation and commitment of all employees, contractors, visitors and customers to jointly create and maintain a safer and healthier environment.