BASF Agricultural Center Limburgerhof
The Agricultural Center in Limburgerhof, 12 kilometers as the crow flies from BASF Ludwigshafen site, is the global headquarters of BASF’s Agricultural Solutions division.
It was established in 1914, only one year after the first successful operation of the Haber-Bosch process for ammonia synthesis at BASF. The process developed by Fritz Haber and Carl Bosch was the decisive step into the age of mineral fertilizers. At that time, BASF conducted fertilizer trials on plants and soil in Limburgerhof continuing at the highest scientific level until the present day.
Limburgerhof, At the Agricultural Center, BASF conducts research for innovative plant protection products – herbicides (against weeds), fungicides (against fungal disease) and insecticides (against insect pests). The Agricultural Center is as well an important service provider for seed solutions - a valuable step to protect plants and preserve yields. It also houses the division’s global administration and corporate functions, as well as the administration for the German and European business units.