Business success tomorrow means creating value for the environment, society and business. We have set ourselves new financial and nonfinancial targets so that our customers, investors, employees and other stakeholders can track our progress.
We want to grow faster than the market and thus be economically successful and profitable. Furthermore, we want to provide answers to the most pressing challenges of our time. To combat climate change and global warming, we have committed ourselves to growing production volumes without adding further CO2 emissions until 2030. This means we will decouple greenhouse gas emissions from organic growth. We have also defined targets for a sustainable product portfolio, responsible procurement and engaged employees. Safety for people and the environment, inclusion of diversity and water management will remain a top priority.
- Achieve a return on capital employed (ROCE)1 considerably above the cost of capital percentage every year
- Grow sales volumes faster than global chemical production every year
- Increase EBITDA before special items by 3%–5% per year
- Increase the dividend per share every year based on a strong free cash flow
Effective climate protection
- We want to reduce our absolute CO2 emissions2 by 25 percent by 2030.(Development of carbon emissions compared with baseline 2018)
- We aim to achieve net zero CO2 emissions2 by 2050.
Sustainable product portfolio
- Achieve €22 billion in Accelerator sales2 by 2025
- Cover 90% of our relevant spend with sustainability evaluations by 2025
- Have 80% of our suppliers improve their sustainability performance upon re-evaluation
- Reduce worldwide process safety incidents per 200,000 working hours to ≤0.1 by 2025
Resource efficiency and safe production
- Reduce the worldwide lost-time injury rate per 200,000 working hours to ≤0.1 by 2025
- Introduce sustainable water management at our production sites in water stress areas and at our Verbund sites by 2030
Employee engagement and diversity
- Increase the proportion of women in leadership positions with disciplinary responsibility to 30% by 2030
- More than 80% of our employees feel that at BASF, they can thrive and perform at their best