Innovation Campus Mumbai
Innovation Campus Mumbai an important pillar of BASF’s global research and development network, and the second largest R&D site in Asia Pacific.
- Operational from March 2017
- 20,000 square-meter campus is a collaborative space housing scientific and technical laboratories, modern offices, a full-scale auditorium, cafeteria and employee amenities.
- Accommodations for up to 300 scientists from India and other parts of the world.
- Bringing all new and existing research and development activities in Mumbai under one roof
- Housing research activities from all the three technology platforms at BASF
- Designed to meet the silver standards of LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design), the world’s most widely used third-party verification for green buildings -- with secondary façade to minimize heat up by direct sun light, energy efficient LED lights, rainwater harvesting, a reflective roof with photovoltaic panels, and a windmill to generate energy from renewable sources.
- Over 50 percent lighting in the building will be generated from renewable sources, which is also supported by many innovative solutions from BASF.
Research Focus Areas
- Crop Protection
- Process Development
- Organic Synthesis
- Development activities in Performance Chemicals, Care Chemicals and Pigments & Dispersions