Formic Acid for Optimal Animal Performance
In times of worldwide population growth and increasing demand for food, feed hygiene becomes more important. If we want to meet the needs of a growing population, we must produce more from less.
BASF’s Intermediates division offers a range of formic acid products that are certified to be compliant with the FDA’s Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA). In a partnership with BASF’s Animal Nutrition division, Amasil® was jointly launched in the North American market to provide a safe feed solution. Use of antibiotics in the US are declining as producers find alternative measures to keep their animals safe and healthy. Amasil® is an efficient acidifier for animal feed and water to improve health and feed efficiency.
Benefits of Formic Acid
- Inhibits harmful bacteria through the acidification potential of formic acid
- Supports digestibility of compound feed for better feed conversion and vitality
- Not carcinogenic, does not promote antibiotic resistance, and can be administered without a Veterinary Feed Directive
- As buffered mixture, Amasil NA maintains carbon steel infrastructure longer with less corrosiveness
What our Partners Say about Amasil
How Amasil Works
- Inhibits the bacteria inside and out
- Dissociated (green) acid molecules decreases the pH of the extracellular environment
- Undissociated (orange) organic acid molecules can enter into the microbial cell and inhibit enzymatic process and damage bacterial cell DNA