Key Production Sites
Dahej - A promising future for BASF India
An integrated hub for Polyurethanes manufacturing also houses production facilities for Care Chemicals and Polymer Dispersions for the Coatings and Paper businesses
- Production began in October 2014
- Single largest investment to date in BASF India, at INR 1000 crores for a greenfield project spread across 23.44 hectares
- Completed more than 12 million safe work hours during the construction of the project with zero loss time injuries.
Mangalore site – The largest BASF site in South Asia
Dyes, Polymer Dispersions, Coatings and Construction Chemicals
- Spread across more than 200 hectares, the site is operational since 1996
- BASF’s largest manufacturing facility in South Asia
- Houses Coatings Technical Support Lab, which offers technical and product development support to local and
- Global customers
- First manufacturing operation for fine chemical catalysts in Asia Pacific since 2013
- ISO 14001 certified for its environmental management
Thane site – First production site of BASF in India
Engineering Plastics, Coolants, Polyurethanes, Textile & Leather auxiliaries, Care Chemicals and Construction Chemicals
- Spans 9.2 hectares
- Production activities commenced in 1967
- Engaged in the production of Engineering Plastics, Coolants, Polyurethanes, Textile & Leather auxiliaries, Care Chemicals and Construction Chemicals catering to key customers in the northern and western markets, The site has ISO 9000,14000 and TS 16949 certified plants.
Chennai plant – BASF Catalysts India Private Limited
Automotive catalysts manufacturers clustered in southern region of India
- Groundbreaking of new production site with expanded capacity for mobile emission catalysts in Mahindra World City established in 2017.