Sustainability in Canada
BASF Canada is a subsidiary of BASF SE, and an affiliate of BASF Corporation. Learn more about BASF Canada’s commitment to sustainability and our recent sustainability projects below.
Want to learn more about BASF global sustainability efforts? Click here to read more about global sustainability initiatives.
BASF commits to United Nations Global Compact, Women’s Empowerment Principles, and CFO Principles on Integrated SDG Investments and Finance
To celebrate the 75th anniversary of the United Nations, BASF has reaffirmed its active commitment to the UN Global Compact (UNGC) at the occasion of the UN General Assembly. On September 21, BASF has been announced as a Global Compact LEAD company for its ongoing engagement in the UNGC and for its Ten Principles for responsible business.
BASF Canada is proud to be recognized for the following awards:
- Global Compact Network Canada 2020 Canadian SDG Accelerators Awards (Large Company Category)
- Corporate Knights Top International Corporate Citizens of 2020
- 2021 Canada’s Top 100 Employer Award
- 2020 Canada’s Safest Employer Award (Chemistry Category)
- 2021 Greater Toronto's Top Employers
- 2021 Top Employer for Canadians Over 40