Connect Asia Trainee Program - Coatings Young Professionals
The ideal opportunity to further your international career with BASF in Asia
Ready to widen your horizon and step outside your comfort zone? Our Connect Asia Trainee Program for Coatings Young Professionals will connect you to industry experts around the globe who develop, produce and market innovative automotive coatings and refinish products.
This program enables you to gain exposure to different areas such as research, plant operations, account management and technical development through structured job rotation. You will have opportunities to work on exciting projects and take on challenging tasks, while benefiting from excellent support from experienced colleagues. Join the program to enhance your professional experience and network.
- 24-month tailor-made, comprehensive training program designed to boost your career in the automotive coatings industry
- Structured job rotation through different units, including overseas assignments
- Available in Japan, China and Thailand
- Join BASF’s Coatings division as an industry expert upon completion of the program
- Explore your potential in application technology or technical development
- Develop your competencies through mentoring
- On-the-job training and opportunities for global and regional project assignments
- Build a professional network with BASF colleagues across the globe and with other Connect Asia trainees
- Self-starting, committed and enjoy working independently in a challenging environment
- Excellent communicator and good command of written and spoken English
- Interculturally oriented, having studied or worked abroad
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Engineering or Science discipline
- Internship and/or work experience
- Mobile individual who embraces the challenge of working abroad in any of our locations around the world
After your rotations, you are ready to focus on winning and binding customers through application-based technical support on the customer site. You are responsible to coordinate technical activities internally and with the customer to meet customers’ requirements and follow up technical projects within your assigned account.
After your rotations, you will be working on process optimization and quality incident trouble shooting. You will be responsible for process management and process parameters optimization to ensure the product quality and meet the customer demands.
Research & Development
After your rotation, you will be responsible for developing new ideas for research projects and participating in or managing research and development projects. You will immerse yourself in scientific research by continuously observing technical trends and scientific publications.
After your rotation, you are ready to work in a team to develop and modify our products, processes and methods according to technical and customers’ requirements. You will cooperate with other colleagues to implement tests to examine root causes and solve encountered problems.