Public Relations Communication
We connect people: the diverse world of corporate communications.
Trust contributes significantly to business success – and it is based on open and clear communication. We are firm believers of this fact. And this is why all our communications must at all times be comprehensive, consistent, and above all credible. Credibility is the most important value of our organization and our globally connected team secures its implementation. Our task is to inform about corporate objectives, visions and decisions, new products, applications, and markets. We also keep the public up-to-date on the latest research news from BASF. Our staff of course, also expects to be kept fully informed about decisions and rightly so, and we ensure that they get any news first.
We look for employees from all different fields. This ranges from social sciences and arts to natural sciences and economics. A keen interest in communications work is of course essential.
We look forward to receiving applications from communications specialists with professional experience in response to our PR and communication job postings.
The BASF traineeship offers the perfect route into a successful communications career.
Work in the corporate communications environment offers diversity and exciting challenges as well as responsibility. This is why we expect:
- University/college degree with above-average grades
- Experience in journalism and/or public relations
- Experience abroad
- Fluency in English
- Very good knowledge of MS-Office
- The ability to present complex subject matter in easily understandable terms
- Clear, correct writing style
- Confidence and interest in working with new people and different cultures
- Creativity, and the ability to communicate well
- Teamworking and organizational skills
- Determination and performance-based orientation
We continuously offer job vacancies in the fields of PR and communications - in both the headquarters as well as in the separate regions or in different corporate divisions. If you have already gathered professional experience, you can apply to BASF at any time.
The following documents should be attached to your application:
- A motivation letter explaining why you have chosen a profession in communications and why you want to join the chemical industry (max. one DIN A4 page)
- Curriculum vitae
- Samples of your journalistic or PR work
Corporate communications involve a diverse range of activities. Key topics of corporate communications include press work, employee relations, brand management, market and product communications, government relations, corporate events, and a lot more besides. Communication employees can expect a broad and exciting field of activity with many opportunities for development in diverse areas.
Corporate communications offers two branches for development – in either PR or marketing communication. In both areas, you get to be responsible for new activities and projects beyond your organizational boundaries. A talent review is held once a year, in which you can discuss your further development within the company with your manager and express your wishes.
BASF employs an integrated corporate communications structure.
Within our global communications community, all roles, tasks and processes are clearly defined. In this network, we exchange with each other regularly and intensively. Additionally, it is a crucial part to our tasks that we
- communicate in a target group-oriented way
- always focus on our corporate strategy
- demand efficiency, creativity, and top-level performance of ourselves
- ensure that a 'one voice' policy is followed worldwide
- work inside and outside of the company in a reliable, efficient manner, as part of a well-functioning international network