Aspiring to lead and make an impact? Let us show you how.
Our Professional and Leadership Development Programs develop your skills and build your professional network.
BASF's Professional and Leadership Development Programs were created to provide highly motivated, mobile-minded current college students and recent graduates an opportunity to enhance their professional skills through a variety of diverse learning experiences. The program, ranked #6 on the 2017 Top MBA Development Programs in Industrial Products & Services Category, will enable participants to contribute to real-world rotational assignments within different domestic and international locations. They will explore career options and develop technical and professional decision-making skills, while fulfilling specific business needs. Participants also have the opportunity to assess their capabilities, skills and interests and gain valuable exposure to BASF's culture, values, and decision-makers.
Current college students and graduates are recruited for our various programs through BASF's Leadership Development Program. Our selection process starts at various colleges and universities through Career Fairs and On-Campus Interviews. A second round of interviews will be conducted at a BASF location. Decisions will be made and offers extended by November-December with start dates ranging from March to September. We have a specific program for Leadership and General Management roles for both interns and recent graduates.
Our requirements for both interns and graduates moving into our MBA Leadership Development Programs are the same:
- Upcoming MBA student preparing to graduate, pursuing a career in General Management
- Desired characteristics include Undergraduate Business or Technical Degree (e.g. Chemistry, Engineering, etc.) or ability to work in a technical environment
- Demonstrated academic achievement
- 4-6 years prior work experience
- Previous internship/co-op experience and proven ability to work on multiple projects a plus
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills and outstanding work ethic within a technical environment
- Authorization to work within the U.S. without restriction or sponsorship
- Mobile-minded and committed to relocate throughout the U.S.
- Possess a diverse and intercultural mindset
- Exhibit strong business acumen and professional excellence
- Bilingual and international experience a plus
For many LDP participants, their introduction to BASF begins with a 10- to 12-week summer internship. Along with assignment responsibilities, interns perform community service, attend networking events and are exposed to BASF leaders.
Once placed into the full time LDP program, you can expect to complete four 6 month rotations - three within the U.S and on international assignment.
During this 3-4 month program, participants will work within a variety of functional and business groups in the following areas:
- preparing operational plans
- new business development
- implementing strategy
- acquisitions and divestitures
Assignments can be located in a variety of areas throughout the U.S.
Participants of the MBA Leadership Development Program (LDP) provides MBA graduates with the opportunity to apply their education and background to challenging assignments, develop technical and managerial expertise, connect with senior leaders and explore possible careers at BASF.
Individual assignments in your field of expertise will be designed and planned to enhance your career development and deliver immediate value to the organization.