New composition of Supervisory Board of BASF SE
- Alessandra Genco and Stefan Asenkerschbaumer succeed Anke Schäferkordt and Franz Fehrenbach as new shareholder representatives
- Peter Zaman, André Matta and Natalie Mühlenfeld succeed Denise Schellemans, Waldemar Helber und Roland Strasser as new employee representatives
The ordinary Annual Shareholders’ Meeting of BASF SE has today (April 29, 2022) elected Alessandra Genco (48), Chief Financial Officer of Leonardo SpA, Rome, Italy, and Professor Dr. Stefan Asenkerschbaumer (66), chairman of the supervisory board of Robert Bosch GmbH and managing partner of Robert Bosch Industrietreuhand KG, Stuttgart, Germany, to the Supervisory Board of BASF SE as new shareholder representatives. They succeed Anke Schäferkordt (59) and Franz Fehrenbach (72), who have stepped down from the Supervisory Board as of the end of the Annual Shareholders’ Meeting 2022 due to their many years of service on the Board.
The Supervisory Board of BASF SE now comprises the following shareholder representatives, whose mandates run until the end of the Annual Shareholders’ Meeting 2024:
- Dr. Kurt Bock, Heidelberg, Germany (Chairman)
- Professor Dr. Stefan Asenkerschbaumer, Stuttgart, Germany
- Professor Dr. Thomas Carell, Munich, Germany
- Dame Alison Carnwath, Exeter, United Kingdom
- Liming Chen, Beijing, China
- Alessandra Genco, Rome, Italy
In addition, as of the end of today’s Annual Shareholders’ Meeting, Peter Zaman (53), Deputy secretary of the works council of BASF Antwerpen N.V., André Matta (51), member of the BASF Works Council Europe and the works council of BASF SE, and Natalie Mühlenfeld (41), district manager of the Mining, Chemical and Energy Industries Union (IG BCE) for the Düsseldorf district, joined the Supervisory Board of BASF SE as new employee representatives. They succeed Denise Schellemans (60), Waldemar Helber (64) and Roland Strasser (46), who have resigned their mandates as of the end of the Annual Shareholders’ Meeting. The mandates of the employee representatives on the Supervisory Board of BASF SE also run until the end of the Annual Shareholders’ Meeting 2024.
The Supervisory Board of BASF SE now comprises the following employee representatives:
- Tatjana Diether, Limburgerhof, Germany
- Sinischa Horvat, Limburgerhof, Germany
- André Matta, Großkarlbach, Germany
- Natalie Mühlenfeld, Düsseldorf, Germany
- Michael Vassiliadis, Hanover, Germany
- Peter Zaman, Antwerp, Belgium
The Supervisory Board also resolved the necessary replacements in its committees. Professor Dr. Stefan Asenkerschbaumer was elected as a member of the Personnel Committee, the Nomination Committee and the Strategy Committee. Alessandra Genco was elected as a member of the Audit Committee and as a member of the Nomination Committee.
At BASF, we create chemistry for a sustainable future. We combine economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility. Around 111,000 employees in the BASF Group contribute to the success of our customers in nearly all sectors and almost every country in the world. Our portfolio comprises six segments: Chemicals, Materials, Industrial Solutions, Surface Technologies, Nutrition & Care and Agricultural Solutions. BASF generated sales of €78.6 billion in 2021. BASF shares are traded on the stock exchange in Frankfurt (BAS) and as American Depositary Receipts (BASFY) in the United States. Further information at www.basf.com.