Our START IN Human Resources trainee program
Your ideal entry to the HR world at BASF.
The BASF Group employs more than 110,000 people worldwide. As the world’s leading chemical company, we want to attract the best employees and to build up the best team in the industry. Would you like to make your contribution to the success of the company with your HR expertise?
We offer you the START IN Human Resources program with two options for focus areas - “HR Business Partner” and “Compensation”. Both of them will help you to get off to an ideal start as a BASF HR expert.
For START IN Human Resources we are looking for business people who have focused on HR. In addition to above-average master's or bachelor's grades and excellent German and English skills, we place particular value on:
- The ability to develop yourself and others and highly-developed communication skills
- The ability to think analytically and act entrepreneurially
- Proficiency in using standard IT applications and a knowledge of methods Initial practical experience from internships both at home and abroad
- HR Business Partner: You will begin as an HR Business Partner with responsibility for your own area, which will enable you to learn about operative HR process in a real business context. You will work your way through the various relevant functions in HR and help to plan and design exciting projects. We will agree jointly agree on your future target position during the program.
- Compensation: You will immediately join our Center of Expertise for Compensation, where you will be gain a solid foundation in basic pay, bonus systems and job evaluation. You will also work on projects in the remuneration field and related areas.. After the program you can expect a demanding role as a compensation specialist.
Both programs last for 24 months, and they will provide you with optimum basic training for performing demanding HR tasks. They will help you build up relationships and familiarize yourself intensively with our organizational structure and corporate culture.
A stint abroad and assignments outside our company headquarters in Ludwigshafen will give you a comprehensive overview of HR work at BASF .During your program you have the option to exchange your learning experience with an experienced mentor and network within the BASF trainee community. You can also deepen your personal and technicals skills by participating in corporate events and the internal training courses at the HRacademy.