The BASF Communications Traineeship
The BASF traineeship is the ideal preparation for an exciting career in corporate communications. Are you creative, open-minded and want to play an active role in shaping the communications of the world's largest chemical company?
As a trainee, you will gain deep insights into various communications departments and be at the forefront of one of the biggest transformations in the chemical industry: the journey toward climate neutrality.
Your training will be on the job: you will take on exciting tasks, manage your own projects and get to know the world's leading chemical company. We encourage your strengths and develop them further - tailored to your future field of work in corporate communications, market communications or advocacy.
- Training period: two years
- Change of unit: every three months
- Support and mentoring by experienced mentors
- One-month course at the Academy of Journalism in Hamburg
- Attractive salary and additional benefits
- Aim of the traineeship: long-term employment
What awaits you
As a trainee, you will work on exciting communications projects in various departments and can help to optimally position our brand and our company in the public perception. You can develop your creativity and take on project responsibility. In all your tasks, you will be supported, encouraged and challenged by experienced communicators. You will be part of the global communications network from the very beginning.
In times of fake news, a high-quality, fact-based journalistic approach is of great value to us. That's why all trainees receive an insight into journalistic work practice with a four-week course at the Academy of Journalism in Hamburg. In addition, they have the opportunity to intern at relevant external media or agencies and gain valuable experience.
Internally, you will get to know our exchange with the media in the BASF press office and gain interesting insights into our employee communications and the communications of the divisions. For example, you will deepen your editorial experience as an author of news releases and online texts and gain insights into the organization of events.
That's what you have to offer:
We are looking for talented people from a wide range of disciplines: From humanities to natural sciences and economics. What counts for us is your passion for communication - and for our corporate purpose "We create chemistry for a sustainable future".
- Master's degree with above-average academic performance
- Ideally initial experience in the field of PR/communications through relevant internships
- Experience abroad as part of your studies through internships or the like
- Fluent in German and English - other foreign languages are a plus
- Ability to present complex issues in an understandable way
- Catchy, confident writing style
- Creativity, communication skills and empathy
- Ability to work in a team and organizational skills
- Determination and performance orientation
What current volunteers say
During your traineeship, you will undergo training to become a communicator. That's why you'll also receive a trainee ID card and be able to take advantage of numerous benefits (e.g. Maxx ticket, discounts on subscriptions, etc.).
If no suitable position is currently advertised, there is the possibility of a speculative application. For further information, please contact Patricia Kirschnick at 0621 60-22149 or by e-mail at email@example.com.
- A letter of motivation as to why you would like to take up a communications profession and work in the chemical industry (max. one DIN A4 page)
- A curriculum vitae in tabular form
- Copies of certificates (incl. high school diploma)
- Journalistic work samples
If your application documents match our desired profile, we will conduct a telephone interview with a colleague from the Talent Acquisition Europe team. If this is positive, the people responsible for the traineeship and our HR contact would like to get to know you in a video interview. Then it's on to the final round. In so-called panel interviews, you will speak with communicators from our community. Depending on the number of applicants, the process can take several weeks, so please be patient. We will inform you about the next steps after each round.
We provide needs-oriented training and strive to ensure that all volunteers are taken on by our communications community.
For further questions about the BASF traineeship, please contact Patricia Kirschnick.
+49 1525 4754037
Questions about the application process can be answered by the Talent Acquisition Europe Team on 00800 33 0000 33.