BASF is committed to give diverse suppliers equal access to potential business opportunities and growing successful business relationships with increasing numbers of qualified minority, women, LGBT and veteran-owned suppliers. Fulfilling this commitment is important to our increasingly diverse consumer base, the communities in which we operate and consistent with BASF’s drive towards Diversity & Inclusion.
As the world’s leading Chemical company, we recognize the opportunities and challenges of Supplier Diversity.
In addition to delivering innovation, agility, market insights and cost savings, diverse suppliers are an extension of our values, and enhances our capabilities to meet the needs of our customers. The diverse suppliers are the local engines of growth which help to create jobs and foster economic development in communities where we live and work
BASF value chain includes raw materials which have large volumes or specialty materials and hence often a challenge to source. We are committed and continue to seek opportunities to include diverse suppliers. The Supplier Diversity program seeks to grow year on year and demonstrate improvement in our engagement with diverse suppliers.
From pipeline to naphtha to ethanol; technical services, equipment's, business services, cargo container to site supplies, our procurement activities include nearly everything that’s needed for the BASF value chains. We collaborate with competitive suppliers who add value for BASF and our customers.
Call to Action:
For suppliers doing business with us, or interested in doing business, please register with us via our supplier portal.
- Already Certified (Recognized Certifications) – Register and upload your Certificate to our Supplier Registration Portal.
- Want to be Certified – Reach out and seek one of our recognized certifications (see below), best aligned with your diversity status.
For any questions to register or seek certifications, please reach out to us at BASF_NA_SupplierDiversity@basf.com
Upcoming Supplier Diversity Events
Frequently Asked Questions
Diverse suppliers are for-profit enterprises that are at least 51% owned; and whose management and daily operations are controlled by a minority, woman, LGBT person, or veteran with U.S. Citizenship or Legal Resident Alien Status, see diversity designations below.
- WBE/WOSB: Women Business Enterprise (WBE), Women Owned Small Business (WOSB)
- MBE: Minority Business Enterprise
- VBE: Veteran Business Enterprise
- DVET: Disabled Veteran Business Enterprise
- CANADIAN MBE/DOBE/HUBZONE/LGBT: Canadian Minority Business Enterprise (CANADIAN MBE), Disability-Owned Business Enterprise (DOBE), Historically Underutilized Business Zones (HUBZONE), Lesbian Gay Bi-Sexual Transgender (LGBT)
- SBE: Small Business Enterprise
- DBE: Disadvantaged Business Enterprise
- SDB: Small Disadvantaged Business
A: The first step in becoming a potential supplier to BASF is to enter your company's information into the Diverse Supplier Portal. Once registration is complete you will receive an automated system message with your Login ID and Password. Please ensure that you keep your profile and contact information up to date. BASF will plan to contact you should an opportunity that matches your capabilities become available.