Qritos – Multi-Criteria Optimization by BASF –
Make the most out of your R&D through Data Science
Find the best solution for complex product development based on state-of-the-art statistical trial planning and predictive modeling. Optimize your R&D and experience faster, cheaper and more reliable product development with our intuitive tool that does not require statistics or data science experience. Discover new formulations & recipes hidden in your own data – powered by machine learning.
- A complex product development process often involves conflicting goals, trade-offs are necessary.
- Small changes in specifications require a lot of additional experiments. Leveraging existing data from old experiments is often not possible.
- Companies lose opportunities due to very long development times and overburdened R&D.
Going beyond standard optimization tools, Qritos – the easy-to-use Multi-Criteria Optimization Tool by BASF – determines Pareto-optimal solutions. This data-driven approach empowers the user to make instant, well-informed, and optimal decisions about the final product formulation.
How it works
Let's assume you are faced with the following challenge:
- For your material development, you need to achieve several properties, e.g. the material has to be durable, heat-resistant and waterproof at the same time.
- Some of these characteristics might be conflicting, e.g. the more durable a product becomes, the less waterproof it gets. Another trade-off might be between yield and quality.
- Unfortunately, there is no way to achieve the optimum for all desired parameters.
- In order to find a balance between conflicting characteristics (responses), you might refer to trial and error via multiple experiments. This is usually resource-inefficient and increases time to market.
- At the same time, a trial and error approach can never safely explore the optimum between different responses.
- Even using more advanced methods such as Design of Experiments (DoE) in combination with software available on the market will not enable you to make the best decisions. If at all, this approach will provide you with one optimum between e.g. yield and quality, but not with all possible optimums depending on your preferences with respect to other factors.
This is how Qritos can help:
Qritos is an add-on to your existing workflows and software tools – not a replacement.
Qritos builds models on your data (which can be anonymized so that your data remains confidential) and finds all possible optima. It then allows you to choose among all possible optima and displays the trade-offs and formulations in real-time.
You can for example select a desired level of quality and instantly see the optimal yield, as well as the input parameters.
Contact us for a demo and further information to learn how you can benefit