Grow with NAO
Start your career with the chemical industry at one of our NAO partner institutions: As a PhD candidate or Postdoc at the university, you will be responsible for an industry-related research project and coached by a world-class professor and mentor at BASF.
Combining knowledge in polymer or material science with your personal competencies, you will have a chance to contribute to sustainable system solutions for future challenges.
You will get the opportunity to discover BASF and the various career possibilities at The Chemical Company. In collaborating with BASF’s global R&D teams, together we will be able to develop your international experience and your competencies – key success factors for your future career. We provide priority hiring to candidates in the early stages of the NAO program for job openings in the Global BASF R&D platforms.
What we expect from you:
- Hold a PhD degree in polymer chemistry or materials science (or be near completion of your degree)
- Deep knowledge in macromolecular chemistry and physics, e.g. colloids, emulsion and solution polymerization, advanced thermoplastic materials
- High motivation for research activities - you like to take initiatives and feel comfortable working in an international team
- Creativity and innovation - you are able to identify opportunities or problems and to proactively make decisions
- Excellent communication skills in English that will let you convince your project team and your partners