Found the right job?
We look forward to your application! Here you can find out how to make your application stand out and present the best of yourself.
- Your cover letter should not exceed ONE page.
- Give a brief explanation of your key decisions: Why did you choose this training/study program?
- Explain your motivation briefly: Why did you apply for this position? Why do you want to work at BASF?
- Don't only list your competencies ("I am friendly, open-minded, ..."), but also explain them with concrete examples.
- Explain what you are enthusiastic about or what your passion is.
- It is up to you to decide whether to give your cover letter a personal touch (e.g. a quote, a life lesson). In the end, it is the professional qualifications that count, which is why this should be the main focus of your documents. Nevertheless, any deviation from the "norm" will be noticed and may remain as an impression.
- Structure your CV in chronological order, starting with your current job.
- Mention only necessary and important tasks that are relevant to the job posting - with examples if you like.
- Also list any information that gives insight into what makes you special as a person (e.g. hobbies, time spent abroad, honorary posts, part-time jobs, languages, IT skills).
- Information about your parents, siblings or spouse as well as application photos are not relevant.
- You do not have to apologize for gaps in your CV, but be prepared to be asked about them in the interview.
- Have a pen and paper, and be ready to take notes.
- Test your technology (e.g. a headset often helps) and check the lighting.
- Find a quiet environment, if possible alone.
- Avoid all distractions (e.g. cell phone, music, TV).
- Make sure you are dressed appropriately.
- Have a glass of water ready.
- Review the job description and possible questions.
- Find out about current topics at BASF via the press, website or social media.
Before the interview
- Arrange enough time for the journey.
- Review the job posting and your application documents.
- Prepare yourself for questions: e.g. Why is BASF the right employer for you?
- Find out about the Business Segments and Group Companies.
- Social media is a good way to find out about current topics at BASF.
During the interview
- Don't pretend, be yourself.
- Ask questions that show you have thought about the job posting and take the opportunity to ask anything that interests you.
- We want to know more about your professional and personal skills, concrete examples of situations from your everyday work help to describe your abilities.
After the interview
If you still have questions after the interview, please feel free to contact the responsible recruiter. You will find the contact details in the job posting.