Our trainee program START IN Environment & Safety
Your perfect start as an engineer in the area of EHS
Guided by our motto for future-oriented, sustainable development we produce products with the highest level of quality. The department Environmental and Safety Services in Ludwigshafen is responsible for the adherence to environmental legislation and occupational safety regulations to guarantee a smooth and secure production process at the site.
Are you ready to never compromise on safety neither on environmental protection and to be involved in the further development of our standards? If so, you can get off to a perfect start with our trainee program START IN Environment & Safety.
We are looking for EHS (Environment, Health & Safety) passionate master's graduates in environmental technology or process engineering who have above-average grades. Initial experience from relevant industry internships is to your advantage.
We place particular value on:
- Excellent German and English skills
- A confident manner and well-developed communication skills
- Pleasure in team work and advanced social skill
- Mobility and flexibility
The 24-month trainee program optimally prepares you to assume the role of specialist at BASF and perform professional and leadership tasks in the area of EHS. You acquire the basic knowledge needed for your job and related areas during the course of four practical assignments in the following areas:
- Environmental monitoring: Consultancy and support for production plants on matters related to water protection and handling of waste water
- Permits: Processing of licensing procedures regarding soil, ground water and remediation
- Occupational and process safety: Area of sole responsibility on matters related to occupational or process safety
- Production plant: Assistance of the production management in day-to-day operations and selected projects
You will be supported by a buddy in all program modules. You are also supervised and aided by a permanently assigned mentor from your target unit, who also supports your professional and organizational integration.
Additional seminars such as on management, project management and work methodology as well as regular exchange of experience with other trainees will deepen your personal and professional skills and help you develop your own network within BASF.