START IN Engineering & Technology
Further expand BASF's technology leadership as an engineer.
Our trainee program offers the perfect START IN the world of BASF. From the beginning you will take on exciting tasks, diverse assignments and project responsibility that will focus on your future target position.
From process analysis and optimization via asset planning and construction to the operation of large-scale production systems - technology and production in BASF is a specialist area for experts with excellent technical and scientific expertise.
Would you like to contribute to securing and expanding our technical leadership? If so, apply to enter our challenging START IN Engineering & Technology trainee program.
For START IN Engineering & Technology we are looking for graduates of process technology, mechanical engineering and electro-technology. We expect above-average grades with a doctorate, Master's or Bachelors and particularly value:
- Excellent German and English skills
- Management and communication skills
- International experience (desirable)
With our three-year trainee program, we systematically recruit and develop BASF’s future international managers – focusing especially on generalists who will eventually occupy leadership positions in our diverse technical units. The special nature of these outstanding career opportunities is “naturally” reflected in the details of the program:
- Your entry position is determined on the basis of your qualifications, training, and already acquired knowledge.
- The same applies to the approximately two or three other positions you hold over the course of the program, each of which is chosen in consultation with you to suit your unique needs and potentials.
- You don’t simply skip from one position to another; rather, you are fully integrated and work productively in each unit in turn.
To prepare you to meet international management challenges, at least one assignment in a Group company is included - preferably abroad.
During the entire trainee program, you are supported both by an experienced mentor who is a member of management. Regular feedback meetings and comprehensive training measures will support your career and personal development You will also extend your personal and professional knowledge and capabilities by attending internal seminars and taking part in networking events with other trainees and managers from different Group companies or regions.