The BASF Communication Traineeship
In a world dominated by breaking news, digitization and social media, successful corporate communications need continuity. That's why we think about communication in the long term - be it with our own employees, the media or society.
This is the basic idea behind the BASF traineeship.
That's why the goal of every traineeship is a long-term commitment. Right from the start, we look for every volunteer with a view to broad applicability in the following areas:
- Corporate Communications
- Market communications
Your apprenticeship will take place "on the job": you will take on exciting tasks, lead your own projects and get to know the world's leading chemical company in depth. We encourage your strengths and develop them further, tailored to your future field of work. The traineeship at BASF thus creates the perfect basis for a career in public relations and communications.
The range of different tasks and the three areas in which you can complete the traineeship require different knowledge and skills. Depending on the focus of the traineeship, we are looking for talents from a wide range of disciplines: From communication scientists to graduates in natural sciences and economics, from social and political scientists to humanities scholars. What counts for us is your passion for communication. In any case, you should bring with you:
- A master's degree with above-average academic performance
- Ideally, initial experience in the field of PR/communications through relevant internships
- Experience abroad as part of your studies through internships or similar
- Proficient communication skills in English - other foreign languages are a bonus
- Ability to present even complex issues in an understandable way
- Clear, correct writing style
- Creativity, communication and empathy skills
- Teamwork and organizational skills
- Determination and performance orientation
Depending on the future area of operation, each volunteer passes through different stations. Volunteers spend the majority of their apprenticeship in their future area of assignment, where they are intensively involved in all processes and assume project responsibility from the very beginning. They are supported in all their tasks by our experienced supervisors and are quickly integrated into the network of communicators.
A high-quality fact-based journalistic approach is of great value to us in times of fake news. That's why all trainees receive insights into journalistic work practice with a four-week course at the Academy of Journalism in Hamburg. In addition, you will sit in on relevant external media or agencies and learn skills that are important for you and your later target position. Internally, you will get to know our exchange with the media in the BASF press office.
The payment is based on the standard market traineeship payment for volunteers. In addition, BASF SE offers further attractive benefits during the traineeship.
- An essay on your reasons for entering a communications profession and why you would like to work in the chemical industry (maximum one DIN A4 page)
- Your résumé (CV)
- Copies of your transcripts (including Abitur or secondary school transcript)
- Samples of your journalistic work
We are consistently looking for volunteers as needed - Apply with your possible start date.
For questions on the content of the communications traineeship, call Daniela Reiss at the following number: + 49 621 60-99186.
For questions on the application process, please contact Talent Acquisition Europe at 00800 33 0000 33.