Graduates interested in Data Science
Apply your expertise in Big Data, IT and mathematical optimization to industrial data.
Being one of the biggest players in the chemical industry does not mean that we only employ researchers and developers. It is bigger than that: Our "Verbund" and our objective to be a globally connected team come with a high complexity especially in terms of technology, big data and cyber security.
Focusing on understanding customer needs in developing and customizing data driven solutions - we deliver innovative solutions which support decision making in business and operations across all functions and businesses. Given the wide application of the expertise across all BASF business and functional units, we apply a consultancy mindset while displaying a high degree of flexibility and ability to learn new businesses quickly.
Watch our video to learn more about digitalization at BASF.
You are a data scientist with a strong background in machine learning and software technologies? You want to apply your skills to industrial data? Then join our team!
We work on innovative advanced analytics solutions with a blend of analytical, information technology and business capabilities. Within an interdisciplinary team we strive for solutions to improve the development, operation and maintenance of industrial assets using data analytics.
We are looking for a data expert with a focus on data analytics and/or mathematical optimization and statistics.
Apply to one of our job postings or send us your unsolicited application.
We are looking forward to meeting you.
- You have a university degree in Computer Science, Data Analytics, Mathematics, Statistics, Econometrics, Operations Research or Business Management with a strong quantitative focus.
- You are well experienced in data mining, as well as combining and transforming data from heterogeneous sources. You have a passion for Programming, Data Visualization and Machine Learning. Additionally, you have great attention to detail.
- You are comfortable working in multinational interdisciplinary teams and preferably already gained international experience.
- Furthermore, you are a creative and motivated team player with sound English skills to communicate with external as well as internal international partners.
Progress in technologies and methods in big data and analytics offers BASF huge opportunities.
- In Supply Chain Management advanced analytics are used to forecast activities, organize processes, and increase the quality and feasibility of your plans.
- In Planning & Controlling quantitative approaches offer support in selecting portfolios.
- In Marketing & Sales sophisticated models for specific markets evaluate potential demand and scenarios while taking all kinds of market and production restrictions into account.
- In Production quantitative analysis of production facilities and processes using advanced analytical methods helps to improve plant design, operation, and maintenance strategies.
We don't limit ourselves to any application area.
As a Data Scientist you will be responsible for implementing advanced analytics use cases with a broad range of variety.
You will collaborate continuously with subject matter experts from the Business Units and business developers to utilize good business understanding and to enable business to understand and use your results.
You will collaborate closely with the big data IT to deploy and integrate your workflows in our advanced analytics IT infrastructure for operations.
You will find attractive conditions and excellent technical and inter-departmental development opportunities.
You will regularly discuss future career steps with your supervisor.
A broad range of training measures will help to support your career.