TINUVIN 123-DW (N)
Hindered amine light stabilizers (HALS)
TINUVIN® and LIGNOSTAB® light stabilizers for aqueous and solvent-based applications
The demand for paints and coatings that cover ever greater surfaces per liter without compromising long-term protection continues to rise. Avoiding light- or heat-induced degradation of coatings for extended periods involves mastering a complex array of challenges. As a pioneer in this special area of coatings technology, BASF draws on decades of experience and the broadest, most diverse portfolio of light stabilizers in our industry. The range can be roughly divided into two main technologies: filters that block ultraviolet radiation and scavengers that “hunt down” and eliminate free radicals within the coating. As diverse as our solutions are, they all serve to enable coatings that protect, beautify and extend the service life of UV-sensitive substrates.
Speak with our formulation and performance experts at BASF to find the ideal light stabilizers for your formulations. We are equipped with broad application knowledge – from automotive and industrial coatings to wood, plastic and glass applications – and will work with you to co-innovate solutions that place your products in a class of their own.
Key features and benefits
- Long-term durability
- Lower coat weights without compromising stability
- Excellent long-term color retention
- Long service / renovation intervals e.g. in architectural applications
- Dedicated innovation labs
- Innovation dedicated to product development and advancement of environmental, health and safety standards
- Easy stir-in processing
- Solutions for aqueous and solvent-based formulations
- Sustainable products
- Qualification for low-VOC or VOC-free labeling